- Letter: Rangeland group applauded
- Glenn County Rangeland Association, GCRA, is to be congratulated on resisting the insidious creep of Agenda 21.
Their resistance to the Foothill Legacy Area and America's Great Outdoors initiative was indeed a victory for property owners in Glenn Co... Full story
- Letter: FOX is 'right' place to be
- I can’t believe I could write this about any president of our United States: Our current president’s a liar; the big news networks help him lie every day.
If this makes you see red, good. Try listening to Fox News to understand what our ... Full story
- Letter: Government discrimination
- Our country has made great progress against discrimination over the years, in the workforce, in schools, in housing, in society concerning what is available and to whom, even for those challenged physically or mentally. Yet, now it proposes to show g... Full story
- Letter: Common sense is lacking
- While searching for ideas to bring the political parties together, one fact seems to stand out: It seems what is lacking on most of the issues is common sense.
For example: The four dams on the Klamath River which are being proposed to be removed.
... Full story
- Letter: Splendor says thank you
- The Glenn Medical Foundation board of directors would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who participated in any way at our Splendor in the Valley IX on Sept. 8.
If you donated to and/or purchased items from our Silent Auction, Live Auc... Full story
- Government crosses line
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
The developing scandals involving the Internal Revenue Service and the Justice Department have this much in common: They reveal a rather stunning level of hubris within the Obama administration.
Twice in recent months, fe... Full story
- Ron Hart: From Benghazi to IRS, O-bots abound
- Near the 2012 election, and after bragging about killing bin Laden based on intelligence gained by water-boarding (a tactic he campaigned against), Barack Obama and his O-bots lied to us about Benghazi. O-bots are the many disciples in his administra... Full story
- Thomas D. Elias: Constitutional crisis over prisons?
- Rarely since the Civil War have state officials anywhere in America been as close to openly defying federal authority as Gov. Jerry Brown and the Legislature are today.
Brown averted a constitutional crisis in mid-May, when he acceded to the demand ... Full story
- Ron Hart: Commencement reality speech
- In yet another bad decision, an education administrator asked me to give a high school commencement speech. The principal must know I write a column; he obviously hasn't read it.
When I questioned his wisdom, the principal said, "Just give the kids ... Full story
- Thomas D. Elias: Toll roads sound warning for rail
- Gov. Jerry Brown, construction labor unions and some others are determined to proceed with California's nascent bullet train, with the first tracks scheduled to be laid later this year between Madera and the south end of Fresno in the San Joaquin Val... Full story