- Letter: Rangeland group applauded
- Glenn County Rangeland Association, GCRA, is to be congratulated on resisting the insidious creep of Agenda 21.
Their resistance to the Foothill Legacy Area and America's Great Outdoors initiative was indeed a victory for property owners in Glenn Co... Full story
- Letter: FOX is 'right' place to be
- I can’t believe I could write this about any president of our United States: Our current president’s a liar; the big news networks help him lie every day.
If this makes you see red, good. Try listening to Fox News to understand what our ... Full story
- Letter: Government discrimination
- Our country has made great progress against discrimination over the years, in the workforce, in schools, in housing, in society concerning what is available and to whom, even for those challenged physically or mentally. Yet, now it proposes to show g... Full story
- Letter: Common sense is lacking
- While searching for ideas to bring the political parties together, one fact seems to stand out: It seems what is lacking on most of the issues is common sense.
For example: The four dams on the Klamath River which are being proposed to be removed.
... Full story
- Letter: Splendor says thank you
- The Glenn Medical Foundation board of directors would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who participated in any way at our Splendor in the Valley IX on Sept. 8.
If you donated to and/or purchased items from our Silent Auction, Live Auc... Full story
- OPINION: TCN vs. Mirror: Absolutely, take a look
- By Todd R. Hansen/Tri-County Newspapers
- The Sacramento Valley Mirror refers to Sutter High girls basketball team members in a completely inappropriate and inexcusable way, and then attacks its critics for objecting to it.
Then it has the gall to repeat a lie about Tri-County Newspapers on... Full story
- Letter: God's word misinterpreted
- The Christian religion is mostly to blame for all the killings going on in America.
To blame guns is a cop-out. Almost every so-called Christian religion will sell the idea that Jesus died so your sin does not count; if you believe in Jesus you are ... Full story
- Letter: Tea Party says thanks
- I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Willows Journal for the past year of support for the Glenn County Patriots. You have been fair and accurate in reporting news concerning our group of concerned citizens who are striving to make a pos... Full story
- Letter: 4-H thanks supporters
- The Barn of Terror and the Orland 4-H Club would like to say thank you to the following businesses and individuals that helped make the Barn of Terror's second year a huge success: Tri County Portable Toilets; Rich Kenny with The Flag Center; Lowes o... Full story
- Letter: Clarifying house numbers
- Thank you for your Nov. 7 article on the Senior Housing Study presented to the Glenn County Board of Supervisors. We would like to make one clarification.
As you indicated, the primary market area for Orland includes Willows, but the Willows PMA doe... Full story
- Letter: Support for Carter on OUSD board
- We have an opportunity to make a positive change for our children and their future by voting for Connie Carter for the Orland school board on Nov. 6.
Connie was born in Orland to Warren and Eathel Elmore. At a young age she learned to treat others w... Full story
- Letter: Jann Reed for state Senate
- Jann Reed is a reasonable, open-minded, non-partisan candidate running for a seat in the state Senate. She joined the race to give voters a choice – an alternative to LaMalfa’s heir apparent, Jim Nielsen.
Jann’s eight years on the ... Full story
- Republican Party: Vote for Nielsen, not Logue
- Last week, Dan Logue announced that he was ending his campaign for the state Senate due to illness. The California Republican Party immediately voted unanimously to endorse Jim Nielsen as the official Republican candidate for state Senate, District 4... Full story
- Letter: Car show a success
- The 4th annual Orland Rod & Custom Car Show was held on Sept. 22, and by all accounts was a smashing success.
From those who showed their prize vehicles, to the food vendors, to those who came to see all that beautiful metal, machinery and aweso... Full story
- Letter: Thanks for calendar support
- We want to thank the following businesses who have placed an ad in our upcoming 2013 Orland Heroes Calendar: Air Rite Heating and Air; Auto Masters Automotive; Bambauer Towing Service; Cleveland’s Upholstery; Double G Furniture; Foltz Construct... Full story
- Letter: A different set of facts
- As secretary of the Glenn County Republican Central Committee, I wish to respond to some inaccuracies in Nelissa Goedhart’s letter published Sept. 29 in the Willows Journal.
She stated she was asked to speak at the Glenn County Republican meet... Full story
- Letter: Logue's ethics called into question
- I am amazed and frustrated at Dan Logue, a candidate for both the Assembly in District 3 and the Senate in District 4.
Let me be very clear, Dan Logue’s run for the Senate takes advantage of a legal loophole that allows him to run for both the... Full story
- Letter: Paul is this Republican’s choice
- I found it disappointing to be asked to speak at the local Glenn County Republican Party meeting and then be cut off because I wasn’t in line with the herd mentality of supporting the Republican candidate.
How dare I question the authenticity ... Full story
- Thanks for VIP support
- Orland’s National Night Out on Aug. 7 at Orland’s Library Park was a stunning success.
The Orland Volunteers in Police Service wish to extend a heartfelt thank you to the community for all of your support and assistance in making the 14t... Full story
- Motorists getting gouged
- Are you tired of getting ripped off at the gas pump?
On Aug. 9, I decided to top off my gas tank even though I was only a quarter of a tank down (because of) all the talk of how the price of gas would go up due to the Chevron refinery having a fire.... Full story