- Summer drinks provide a splash of cool
- By Laura van der Meer/A-D Reporter
- When asked what she'll be drinking this summer, mixologist Angie Aberasturi points to a pink cocktail over ice, topped with basil and a strawberry.
"Just like plating food, you can show people what's in it just by garnishing," Aberasturi said Monday... Full story
- Talk to your baby – it's important
- Study shows developmental advantages come from conversation
- By Kendal A. Rautzhan/For the Appeal-Democrat
- Long ago, when my twin daughters were babies and we went grocery shopping, I would talk to them throughout the store explaining what items we were looking for, what recipes we would make and so on.
One day, a woman looked at me completely bewildered... Full story
- Gigachurches can serve thousands
- By Jeff Strickler/McClatchy-Tribune News Service
- MINNEAPOLIS – The 23rd Psalm rolled off the Rev. Jason Strand’s tongue with soothing familiarity, the way it had since he memorized it as a boy.
“The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green ... Full story